Saturday, July 30, 2011

The girls meeting their great great uncle Eddie!






My great Uncle Eddie has been aroung a long long time. So when he wasn't doing so good I decided I needed to take a trip with my family so he could meet everyone. My dad drives to the truckstop in Wilcox every Friday to meet him for lunch, and make sure he is still doing ok. He lives alone and is getting to that point where he needed someone to help him out a little. He would never admit it though. My parents knew the day was coming soon when he would be moving in for the rest of his life. I jumped in the car with them one Friday and took the girls. Even though they wouldn't remember that, it was still important to me. So off we went to the good ole truck stop to meet up with him. You always can tell which car on the highway is him because it seems everyone is slamming on the brakes and honking. He couldn't see well anymore but was very with it still. He is such a neat man. He loved the girls. Not long after this trip he decided it was time to move in with my parents. He died the begining of April, one week short of his 93rd birthday! What a great guy he was, we love him very much. A few weeks before he died my whole family was able to go have lunch with him. It was pretty special. He loved it! Then he lived a week once he moved and was around the girls everyday at my parents and really had a fun time with them and all of the kids. It was nice getting to know a little more everyday for that week before he passed. He was a really neat guy and I am so happy that I knew him as well as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment